Sunday, April 3, 2011

Four Little "Friends"

It has been over a year since I have written a "medical update" so I thought it might be fitting to bring everyone up-to-date on my health. Last year, I wrote a blog ("Cutting out Extra Parts") and explained that I had a tonsillectomy and was about to undergo a second surgery to have my gallbladder removed. I did have my gallbladder taken out, and was told that it was quite infected...the doctor's quote,"It didn't disintegrate in my hands but it was quite infected." I guess that means, "It could have been worse!" Both my tonsils and gallbladder were tested for lyme and other things. They were not positive for lyme but other microbes were detected. Since my surgeries, I have noticed a gradual positive shift with my health...less fatigue, throat issues, just alot more stamina. YEAH!!! Definitely worth my two trips to the OR.

Even though there have been definite improvements in my overall health, my white blood cell count has remained quite low, and my red blood cells remain low. One of the reasons I had both surgeries was to eliminate infection and thereby, help my WBCs to go back to the normal range...didn't happen! Again, I am the mystery patient that baffled the doctors. The hematologist said, "This is an infectious disease issue." The infectious disease doctor told me it was absolutely not an infectious disease issue and told me to go back to the hematologist! OH MY! When a dr gives me a blank stare, I just think....here we go again! Help me God..only you truly know what is happening.

Everyone was puzzled, but it was Dr. Zackrison to the rescue. Dr. Zackrison is the doctor who has treated me for lyme disease. She treats with antibiotics as well as homeopathics and is willing to look outside of the box. Dr. Z suspected that the neutropenia and anemia could be due to parasites...lovely thought! So, she ordered blood work, and sure enough...she found a major parasite..cysticercosis. YUCK! I was absolutely disgusted and thankful all at the same time! Horrified that I had a "friend" who is robbing me of nutrients and keeping my immune system so busy, but so thankful I had an answer.

With this knowledge and diagnosis, Dr. Z explained to me that a virus is like the size of a sesame seed, a bacteria can be thought of as a peanut and parasites are like golf balls to the immune system. Hence, my body can't keep up and produce enough WBCs to sustain a normal level. She also explained that the parasites are literally stealing the iron I eat. This why my iron stores are nonexistent and my RBCs are so low. She put me on parasite meds and my WBCs went back to normal. They were the highest they had been in three years!!! I literally did a "happy" dance around the office...I was so thrilled!!

They have continued to test me for other parasites and have found three additional parasites...yes, I have four friends!! Just put me in a red bag marked "hazardous waste!!!" I have had the health department call me more than once asking..."Do you know how you contracted these parasites?" My answer....NO, I have no earthly idea!!!! I guess if you take away someone's immune system...defense...while they live in a world with parasites...they are likely to pick up a few of them! I suppose my digestion issues could also be a reason. When I was being treated in Reno, they tested the ph of my stomach and it was too high. I was told that if the ph of your stomach isn't low enough to properly digest food and kill bacteria, virus and parasites, you are suscpectible to parasites. In addition, when you don't have the proper ph to digested food, the undigested food produces bad bacteria...all of this combined can contribute to acid indigestion and reflux. I have been taking hydrochloric acid (to lower the ph of the acid in my stomach)as well as digestive enzymes and my indigestion and reflux are gone!

With all of the meds and treatment for parasites, I have learned one thing, "parasites are hard kill!" The meds don't kill the eggs so yes, as you guessed...you have to keep killing new generations of them. My WBCs go up and then back down like a see-saw. I have read Hulda Clark's book on parasite treatments and she recommends cloves (ground and put into capsules) to kill the eggs so I have been using her protocol as well as the pharmaceuticals. Her protocol has been very helpful to me.

I will continue to let you know how my parasite treatment is going. I truly think....if I can rid my body of these "critters," it will take care of many of my symptoms and medical concerns. It would definitely free-up my immune system, and go along way toward my fight against lyme disease.

Love to all!
Ronda

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hello, I have just read your blog for the first time and am encouraged regarding your journey with Lyme disease (and your love for the Lord). I have just received a test that has come back positive for Lyme and would love to ask you some questions. If you are willing to correspond with me, my email is m2wall@shaw.ca

Blessings,

Mike