Friday, May 16, 2008

5th Week Down, and Counting....

I have officially finished my fifth week!! I will be home one week from today! I am getting very excited. I cannot wait to see my family and friends!! The end of this "stent" of treatment is in sight! I am feeling so much better. I am ready to come home! I still have work to do, but the improvement I have seen is so encouraging. I am headed in the right direction. I have not felt any numbness and very little fibromyalgia pain this week. Also, my energy level (fatigue) continues to be so much better. They checked my central nervous system (through acupuncture points), and it is greatly improved as well!! The doctor looked at me and said, "You won't be in a wheelchair anytime soon." I am so thrilled to know my body is healing!! Next week, they will look at my blood again (under the microscope). I am very hopeful; I will see an improvement.

This week has been full of more test, treatments and dr.'s appointments. My gastrointestinal tract is still of concern...not much improvement, yet. I had a gastrogram on Thurs. I had to swallow a pill, and it transported information to a receiver about the ph (and other info) of my stomach and intestines. It was an interesting test! I will get the results on Monday. I'll let you know what I learn.

I have also started colonic hydrotherapy treatments. Yes, it is a fancy name for what you are thinking! (I told you I am desperate to get better!) With this treatment, they were able to place probiotics (the good guys) directly into my large intestine. I am cheering them on!! I have also started taking Nystatin to kill the candida, and a few herbs to help kill the parasite. If the herbs don't do the trick, they will put me on Flagyl.

Today, I am providing samples to check my hormone levels. (Like I said, they are testing everything!) To complete the test, I have to fill four vials with saliva throughout the day....no foam allowed. It is tricky! The hardest test I have had to complete so far. Who thought spitting could be so challenging!

Push update: I experienced big reactions on Monday and Tuesday. On a scale of 1-10, they were an eight and nine. The good new...I was okay the next morning and felt fine all day! The last time I experienced that big of a reaction, I was very weak and unable to "recover" as quickly. My immune system is getting stronger!! On Wed. and Thurs., I had little reaction. I have asked them to give me a stronger dose today. I enjoyed the break, but I know the bigger reaction means I am getting rid of the bad boys. Hopefully, I will be standing tomorrow!

Since it is Friday, I payed the clinic for all of my treatments this week. Thanks to you and all of the INCREDIBLE gifts we have received, once again, I was able to pay everything IN FULL!! I can't tell you how much your prayers, love and support mean to me. You have so blessed me and my family! Thank you!!!!!!

Love to all!
Ronda

1 comment:

teh4 said...

Hello,
I came across your Lyme disease blog while searching for advocates in the Lyme community. I am reaching out because I’d love for you to share your story on Trusera.com. We’re an online health network where you can find and share real-world experiences with others who've been through it. Trusera was born out of our founder’s experience with Lyme disease, which took eleven doctors and finally one email from a friend to diagnose (http://www.trusera.com/users/storyguy/stories/the-bite-that-changed-my-life).
Our members, some who have been recently diagnosed, would greatly benefit from access to your experiences. Below please find an invitation to our site:
Tara.holahan@trusera.com
www.trusera.com
http://www.trusera.com/
group_invitations/new-resource
-for-the-lyme-community