Friday, May 30, 2008

I am home!

Greetings from Virginia! I am home, and so happy to be with my family. When Chris and I arrived home last Friday night, Chris' parents, Bob & Maxine, were here to greet us with lots of hugs and love! (Thank you Bob and Maxine for helping us in so many ways! We love you!) The kids were asleep so I kissed their heads and watched them sleep for awhile (aren't they angelic ....when they are sleeping!)

Chris, I and the kids spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the fact that we are all in the same house together! One of the dearest "welcome home" gestures I received was from Seth. He sang and played, on his guitar, a song he called, "Welcome Home Mommy!" (He owns the copyright to it too!). It was incredibly sweet...one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard!

Since I have been home, several people have asked me the obvious questions, "How are you now?" "Do you still have lyme?" During my last day of treatment, I had those questions answered. They took another sample of blood to view under the microscope (in order to have a before and after comparison), and the sample showed a very significant decrease in lyme. However, I still have some work to do! The first slide showed about 30 cells infected with lyme and there were only about 5 cells infected on the second slide! Yea!! They also saw toxins in my blood...after six weeks of detoxing regularly, I still have toxins! A few of the injections I am taking at home will help to continue decrease the amount of lyme in my body. The other big concerns remain my food allergies, gastrointestinal tract/parasite, fatigue, occasional heart palpitations, insomnia and the candida issue.


Since I have been home, my level of energy and strength has not been as good as it had been in Reno. I am also experiencing flu-like symptoms once again. I am surprised, and disappointed. I don't know if the stress of adjusting to home is hitting me hard, or if I am doing something unknowingly that is weakening my body, or if it is the fact that my body is still fighting infections (but I don't have the luxury of the IV's to keep the toxins flushed out of my system). I talked to Dr. Fong a few nights ago, and he said it could be any or all of the above reasons. It will continue to take time to heal.


One of the possibilities is something I haven't really talked about. When I was tested for food allergies, I was also tested for seasonal and chemical allergies. I don't have seasonal allergies but I am allergic to two pesticides and a chemical called PVP/Povidone. It is found in a variety of things from laundry detergent, hairspray, ink jet printing, photo processing paper, and textile dyes. I didn't take the PVP allergy too seriously. I stopped using hairspray (health is winning over vanity!), changed laundry detergents and didn't think anything else about it.

After sleeping the first night, at home, in my bed, I woke up significantly weaker and with pain I haven't experienced in several weeks. I was trying to think of ALL the possible reasons. Then, it hit me....last year, I purchased a new (red)bedspread and curtains (around the time I started having more symptoms). Could the bedspread (textile dye) have PVP in it? Could I be allergic to my bedspread and curtains? Then, I saw a million things in my house that could be tainted with "textile dye"....including my clothes! (If I am wearing a white robe the next time you see me, you will know the reason!) Just call me "bubble girl!" In my quest to figure out why I am having these symptoms, we are trying to decrease possible PVP exposure, and follow all of the doctor's recommendations.

I must admit, I have been rather discouraged and disappointed the last few days. I have made progress, but I feel as though I have taken ten steps forward and five steps back. As I was brewing over my disappointment this morning, I checked my e-mail, and received this week's lesson plan for Raegan's class at church. There was a paragraph that spoke directly to me. It said, "Through every trial and tribulation, it is hard to remember that God's love is being poured out upon us. Often, we wonder why God would allow something bad to happen. Yet God's intent is to build into our lives the ability to stay the course and develop strong character, so that we can REST in the assurance that God has us in the very palm of His hand." Those words were intended for my four year old, but they touched the heart of this forty year old!
He is still walking with me.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love to all!
Ronda









I talked with Dr. Fong on the phone a few nights ago, and he said it could be due to

No comments: