Saturday, May 10, 2008

Party Push!

Yesterday turned out to be a rather interesting day. I have fallen into a routine, and feel like I know what to expect at this point. Infact, I have found myself being the old-timer who gives advice to new patients. Well, just when you think you know what to expect....it changes!

I had my usual IV treatment and decided to try something called, lymphatic drainage therapy. I was told it would help with my inner ear pain by draining the lymphnodes (in my neck), and relieving pressure in the ear. As I was having this done, I heard the staff talking about the fact that it was Dr. Fong's Birthday. They were planning to have lunch and cake in his honor, and they were encouraging all of the patients to stay after their treatment to celebrate. I thought, "How nice! This is the most excitement I have seen in quite awhile....why not!"

As we were singing Happy Birthday to Dr. Fong, I started feeling unusually cold. I put on my jacket, and still felt cold. I sat down and covered myself up with a blanket but I only felt colder. Within minutes, I was shaking! Yes! I was having a reaction.....I had not yet received my push, but I was having a reaction. Dr. Fong looked at me and said, "Are you okay?" I felt like saying, "I don't know! You tell me!" The staff piled blankets on me, and they where very caring. Dr. Fong said, "You are controlling the shaking quite well." I just smiled, and said, "Thank you God!" Everyone ate their lunch and watched me shake! What a way to "shake-up" a party! Poor Dr. Fong, he couldn't even celebrate his Birthday without tending to a patient! I heard a few of the new patients saying, "What's wrong with her?" I couldn't talk...I just had to laugh.

It took about 30-40 minutes for the shaking to stop. (By the way, this reaction was still mild compared to the shaking I experienced last week.) Once everything calmed down, the doctor started to check everything in my IV to make sure it wasn't the culprit. They finally decided the lymphatic drainage therapy caused a "delayed" reaction. They said, "The culture can have immature cells that stay in your system, and continue to mature. When I had the lymphatic therapy, it released these cells into my circulatory system and caused a reaction." I don't think I will let anyone come near my lymphnodes for a long time! I was able to drive home after three hours, and stayed in bed the rest of the day.

I woke up this morning feeling good. Infact, I went to the grocery store and took my mom to the airport to fly home this morning, and I have energy to spare! I was completely wiped-out after picking her up from the airport two weeks ago. It is a noticeable difference! It appears, I have turned a corner! I know that I still have concerns to tackle, but I do feel better.

Love to all!
Ronda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ronda, It is good to hear that you are feeling better. It must be disappointing to find out that you are allergic to all the supposedly good stuff, i.e. STEAK!, but now that you know that those foods are causing your body major problems you'll be able to deal with it much better.

Do you think you can take a supplement like the people who have the gastric by-pass surgery? since they can't eat very much of the healthy foods they have to take supplements.

Now, about this parasite!! What are they doing to get rid of it? Where did you get it? How long have you had it? Do you think it came from some sort of raw meat or from when you contracted hepatitis in that foreign country? If it is, then you've had that thing for a long time and it's a miracle that you are able to stand!

Just to reassure you Ronda, I've seen documentary shows regarding parasites and once the doctors find out that the patients have a parasite they are able to treat it and they get well, so with the help of the good Lord all the doctors and nurses will be able to help cleanse your body of all those horrible things.

Just remember to stay focused on God and he'll see you through all of this.

Hope to see you soon, God Bless...Pam P.